Development Environment Setup for OSXLast Updated: February 19, 2019
If you run into any issues while following this tutorial, please feel free to create an issue on this repository or contact us at email@example.com.
You will probably need some kind of text editor for your code. Unless you have a preference already, I recommend Atom.
Getting Started: Development Environment for OSX
1. Open up a Terminal – go to Spotlight (CMD + SPACE) and search “Terminal”.
2. Make sure you have XCode and its developers tools installed.
3. Install Homebrew (a great package manager for OSX).
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
Add Homebrew’s path to the start of your existing
Then, add the following to the bottom of the file.
Now, reload the profile.
4. Make sure you have Python2.7 installed.
# should respond with Python 2.7.x
If you don’t have Python installed:
brew install python
5. Install the appropriate imaging libraries.
brew install libjpeg
brew install zlib
6. Install the indicoio Python package.
sudo pip install indicoio
indicoio should be successfully installed! Now you’re ready for the next step.